Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Yeah!!!

Our homestudy is finally approved!!!! All I need to get is a notarized copy from Hope for Children (so awesome) and a copy of their license and our post placement contracts. They only downside to this is I have to contact our first agency about getting a notarized copy of our first home study. I'm a little nervous about that. Hopefully I will be able to stay calm and not go off on anybody, but I'm going into this ready for a fight. Stay tune for the fun. This is the last piece of information that I will ever need from them and I can't wait! On a good note, this means that the adoption agency has approved us and that basically Sophie is on hold for us. I still can't post her picture until we get the approval from China, but hopefully it will be soon. We have to complete the paperwork from the adoption agency to send to China for our pre approval. If I haven't mentioned it before, these are the steps that have to be taken 1. Letter of Intent (or LOI) this is sent to explain to China what your plan is to take care of your child. You basically have to tell them that you are going to provide for all of her medical needs. 2. Pre Approval (or PA) this is sent back from China to say that yes, you can adopt the child you want. 3. Our dossier can either be sent before LOI, PA or after we get our PA. It just depends on how fast we can get our I-171H which is the USCIS clearance that says we can adopt. Atlanta is running about 6-8 weeks, so we will see. 4. Travel approval (or TA) this is what is sent when your dossier has been approved and it is okay for you to travel to pick up your child. This can take anywhere from 1 month to 4 months after your dossier is sent to China (or DTC). I am hoping that we can go and get her by the end of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home