Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 19, 2007

We are home!




We are home and it feels so good! Sophie did great on the flights. She cried for a little bit from Tokyo to Detroit, but it was because she was tired and couldn't get comfortable. She also threw her first fit. She wanted the window shade up, but it had to be down. At one point she woke up crying and I couldn't calm her down. I opened the shade and she was fine. When we got home we were met at the gate by Terry, Edie and Jadean. It was great to see some friendly, familiar faces. We then went to meet daddy, Maddie and Brandon. Well daddy, Maddie and granddaddy were there instead. I wish I had my camera ready. Maddie saw us and came running. I thought she was coming to me. She wanted her sister. She smothered Sophie with affection. Sophie did great on the ride home in the car seat. It was Maddie who cried. She wanted Sophie to play with her and Sophie didn't want to play. We got home to a slew of family. Thanks to my mom for the wonderful Mexican dinner. After everyone left we tried to get calmed down. We sat on the couch for a few minutes and then daddy went to put Maddie to bed. Sophie was still a little wired. She and I then went to go lay in our bed and she finally fell asleep. She woke up about 2:30 or 3 crying, but then went to sleep and slept until Maddie came in poking her awake.

So far Maddie has been a great sister. She gets her feelings hurt if Sophie doesn't want to play, but we are working on that. Today they went out and played in their cars. It was great to see them together. Maddie wouldn't look at the camera so I didn't get any good pictures of her.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Sabrina said…

    I'm so happy you're home with your Sophie and had a safe trip.

    Blessings,
    Sabrina

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Elena said…

    My name is Elena Manubens. I am a new blogger and I am also the sister of Sera Mnaubens aka twotwinterrors blog. I have seen all the pictures you have sent of Asher. We really appreciate that!!! I was so happy to see some updated photos of m new little brother. As for Sophie, best of luck to you. She is adorable and I hope she has a nice and easy ajustment. I also have a blog that I just stared. Its called onourwaytoasher.blogspot.com. Thanks
    Elena

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Keisha said…

    So glad you both are home Safe and Sound!!! Thanks for sharing your journey! Sophie is soooo precious!! Just wanna squeeze her!
    Love,
    Keisha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home