Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Frustration!

I have said it before and I will say it again.... I AM TIRED OF WAITING!!!!! I am beyond tired of waiting. I know that our agency wouldn't have sent our paperwork over if they knew we weren't going to get approved, I'm not worried or really all that upset about the Chinese side of the waiting. I would like my PA, but I can be a little more patient with that because it is coming from another continent. The thing that is really pissing me off is the USCIS. It has been 6 weeks since they received all of our documents. It has been 3 weeks since we were fingerprinted, why in the heck is it taken so long to get their approval. When we did Maddie's adoption we sent the paperwork to the USCIS in August 2003. We were fingerprinted in October 2003 and our homestudy was sent to them on 11/7/04. We were not approved by the USCIS until January 22, 2004, 2 months and 15 days from the time that our home study was sent to them and I had to call my Senator's office. After I made that call, it only took a week to receive it. Why does it take so long? Why does the US government not seem to care? Why is it that I explained our daughter will require surgery and we really need to get her home and we still don't have approval? Why is it that at the beginning of the year the wait times were only about 2 - 4 weeks and then they move? How freaking hard is it for them to get back on track? If I did my job like this, I would be fired. Do they not care about the fact that they are messing with children's lives? I am so tired of going to the mailbox and looking for that dang form. I have been really good about not whining at work too much up until now. I am so hormonal and just want to bring our daughter home before Christmas. I will be contacting our representative tomorrow. The sad part is that I requested an update on our case status on Monday. Today I received an email that said in the subject line "please send us a test reply and your answer will be in the automatic response". Well I did so and 30 minutes later I received the standard reply about what the form was, they don't do anything until the receive the homestudy and yada, yada, yada. They won't tell me anything about the status until it has been 60 days. UHHHGGGGGGGGGGG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home