Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Journey continues




We are still here. Today we went to the Imperial Palace. It was interesting. It is a smaller version of the Forbidden City. We then went to a store that sells feather paintings. I bought Sophie a horse and Maddie a sheep. I figured Brandon wouldn't really care about it. That's all we've done. I tried another mall and was able to find a really high class children's department. I found Sophie some new shoes so one of my goals was accomplished. We have spent a lot of time in the room getting to know each other. My guide didn't get here until around 10 this morning and then we got back to the room around 1. He then received a call from the head guide in Guangzhou. He asked me if I wanted to take the early flight out on Tuesday or still take the flight out on Monday. Well, duh, I still wanted to take the flight out on Monday. The problem he tells me is that they don't think the passport will be ready until the afternoon. My original flight was at 2pm. I asked him several times if this would delay our consulate appointment. He told me that it would be an "embarrassment" for that to happen. He says nothing else should change. I guess I really have no choice but to stay here another night. I really don't want to. I'm ready to see some other families and I'm ready to do some real shopping :) and I'm ready to go home.

Sophie is doing great. She still grieves at night, but during the day she has a wonderful personality. She is a mess. She loves to hop, skip, jump, run and talk. She just chattered away in Chinese and I just nodded my head and smiled and talked back in English. She is such a mimic. She knows her name and she was constantly calling me mama. I can't wait to bring her home. We have been very tired. We get up at about 4-4:30 and we go to bed early (Sophie about 5:30 and me about 6 or 7 is as late as I can make it). I'm not sure why we are so tired.

P.S. Here is a tip those of you who will be traveling soon. Don't worry if you have to wear the same clothes more than once. Your guide will be wearing the same clothes that he wore when he picked you up 4 days ago (and he lives here).

3 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said…

    That is good about the clothing part and wearing them more then once. My husband and I... when we travel it is handluggage only... Europe... one small bag each... so I guess I am in my element for China with a small piece of luggage...hahahaha... good luck with the passport... Felicity

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I had to wear everything for days and days because you can not get laundry done during the trade show in GZ. Small deal! I'm glad she does so well for you! It has been almost 5 weeks with Sarah, and she is still having trouble. When Juergen is home, she treats me like dirt! I hate it!!!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger theups said…

    HAHAAHA!! I LOVE the clothes tip, Jennifer!! We wore the same things over and over, too, but we did do some laundry at Sherry's Place on Shamian Island. :)

    I am definitely praying that the adjustment for Sophie continues to go as well as it seems!! :)

    His,
    Shari

     

Post a Comment

<< Home