Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

More on gotcha day


I feel like doing the Dora dance. We did it we did it, we did it yeah! She walked in the room and came right up to me. I gave her a little doll and she held it for a while. She smiled and laughed. She was a sweetie, I knew the grieving was going to come though. Sophie is sound asleep right now. She cried pretty hard tonight for about 30 minutes. I tried to take her to Walmart, but she was having none of it. I think she thought she was going to another person. I just grabbed a quick bite and came back to the room. That's when the water works fell. I held her, bathed her, held her again, stroked her face, told her over and over again that I loved her and would never leave her and then she fell asleep. I'm about to hit the hay myself. I'm pretty tired.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Keisha said…

    Beautiful Smile...Beautiful Girl! God has blesseed you! Congrats! I'll continue to pray for her transition into her new family! God is Good!!
    Keisha

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger theups said…

    Hi Jennifer!!!!
    I am SOOOOO happy for y'all!! Sophie is FINALLY YOUR GIRL!!! After all this waiting... PRAISE THE LORD!!!

    I'll be keeping up with your trip. Please let me know if y'all need prayer!!!

    I can't wait to meet her and see how Maddie is as a big sister!!!

    His,
    Shari

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Jennifer,

    Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and your family. Sophie is beautiful and I know you are so happy to finally have her in your arms. I am praying for you, Sophie and your family here in GA!! I will be following along! Have a great trip.

    Angie W.

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I hope the sadness does not last too long. It breaks your heart! She is really cute and I am super happy for you! I pray God blesses your days and gives you his grace in this time of transition.

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Jennifer I just checked to see if you had your little Sophie and you do. I'm so happy for both of you. I'm sure she will soon understand that you love her very much. Be strong. Miracles, Blessings and many Congrats!

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Shelli said…

    Congratulations on your darling! She's beautiful!! Safe travels!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home