Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 23, 2007

It always seems like I'm venting


Several things I want to vent about today, but I want to congratulate Sabrina first. It has been a long and emotional road for her and I'm so glad it's almost over. Also welcome home to Amy. It was a long and emotional road for her (still is). Stop on over and give her some love.


Now on to the venting....

1. The plastic bag that caused so much heartache in this house was not needed anyway. Apparently the tires that were supposed to be shipped using this plastic bag won't fit on the tractor so they are not being shipped... ugh!


2. DFACS - I will never understand DFACS. On 4/12 I went to our local DFACS office. I hated going there, but I needed to. Here you can get a $2000 reimbursement from the state for adopting SN. I know that we will get it. I have already spoken with the regional manager. So I show up at DFACS. I explain to lady #1 what I need. I explain I am adopting a SN's child from China and need to find out how to go about applying for the reimbursement. #1 lady looks at me like I have 3 heads. She pawns me off. I explain the same thing to lady #2. She looks at me like I have 4 heads. I am starting to get peeved at this point. They pawn me off on someone else. After about 5 minutes she tells me to come back to the conferance room. I explain what I need. #3 says she doesn't think I will qualify. I tell her I have already spoken to the regional manager and was told I would. #3 lady says that I will have to have an appointment to fill out paperwork. Why I couldn't do it then I'll never know. So I ask her if I can get an appointment. She tells me I will have to call her. Okay, she's standing right there. Can't she look in her appointment book and make it? So I call Friday morning to make my appointment. I get her voice mail. I wait until the afternoon to call and again and I actually get her this time. We make an appointment for 4/19 at 1030. By the way, she has my phone number because she says she got my voice mail and just hadn't had a chance to call me back. So I show up on 4/19 at 1020 for my 1030 appointment. I was already dreading it. The lady behind the class ask me what I needed. I told her. I was then told that lady #3 was very sorry, but she was unable to make my appointment because "something" came up. Hello, she had my number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway I ask if there is anyone else who can help me fill out paperwork and am told that she is the only one. How hard can it be people? I have done 2 international adoptions and I work with paperwork and legalities everyday. I'm not stupid, but was certainly made to feel that way. So I call her that afternoon to get another appointment. I leave a message. I call twice on Friday. I called today. Today they are closed for Confederate Memorial day! Ugh! With people like this it's no wonder DFACS is in such disaray. I will be calling tomorrow so hopefully I will get an answer. It's almost to the point I want to give up, but then I think that's what lady #3 wants me to do and I don't want to give her the satisfaction!


3. Freakin D*sh N*twork - Here is the post from the Fishbowl regarding what happened. Last week I signed up with C*mcast. They had a deal. I should have canceled the other sooner because of what happened, but I didn't. I called DN last week to ask about canceling my account. The big C was coming out today (4/23) to install so I wanted to go ahead and get the ball moving. The lady answers the phone and ask me why I wanted to cancel. I told her because I didn't want their service anymore. She keeps hounding me about why so I explain the whole thing. She transfers me to their accounting department. This lady ask me why I want to cancel. I tell her because I have decided to because I didn't want their service anymore. She starts hounding me so I explain everything to her. She says "well the money was refunded so everything should be okay". Uh no, it's not okay! I asked her how much it was going to be and she said she couldn't tell me until I actually canceled. I asked her to go ahead and set up the cancellation for today (4/23) and she said she couldn't do it. Okay fine. Today I call to cancel. I get another operator and explain that I want to cancel my service.... blah blah blah. I get why do you want to cancel. I explain again because I no longer want their service. So I get the whole thing about being an excellent customer and blah blah blah. I finally give up and basically have to interupt and demand to speak with someone who will cancel my account. Okay, on to the cancellation depart. Same thing, why do you want to cancel, my same answer, because I no longer want your service and then it just goes from there. Why can't companies take a simple "because I want to"? It's not that hard. She goes on explaining about auto bill pay and I go on explaining no thank you. She goes on explaining there was nothing indicating $500 was charged on the account. I go on telling her yes there was and to just please cancel the account. She goes on explaining about with auto bill pay this won't happen. I go on explaining that by canceling my account I know this won't happen. Finally I get her to cancel my account. Oh yeah, one important thing here.... she tells me they don't keep the credit card on file unless it is auto bill pay (my account was not). I also explained that when I called and spoke with them in December trying to clear up the matter my telephone number was incorrect. I was assured several times that it would be corrected. It was not. Okay, so she finally works on canceling my account. She tells me that they will send me boxes to pack up the receivers and satellite eye and remote controls to send back to them. She then tells me "if you don't return them within 30 days your credit or debit card on file will be charged". Um okay, I thought you said that my card was not kept on file. Oh well, anyway I asked her about the dish on the side of the roof. She said that we could take it down or we could have someone come about from DN and they would take it down for $99. Don't think so. I actually laughed at that. Oh well, I'm done with them.


4. I have no idea about my travel arrangements except for I'm leaving on 5/7, gotcha day is 5/9, consulate appointment is 5/16 and I'm returning on 5/18. This is very hard for a control freak. Hopefully I will find out more soon. Hopefully nothing will change because I was told to go ahead and book my tickets. They are nonrefundable and huge penalities to change!


On a positive note, 1 more Monday until I'm gone from work! It's hard to realize that in 2 short weeks we will be a family of 5. I'm so excited!


I also promise that the next post won't be to heavy on the venting!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Just wanted to stop by and 'Thank you' for pulling for me. My LOA is already on it's way back to China. I think I see a TA in my future.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home