Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I hate Valentines Day


I hate Valentines Day. I always have and I probably always will. Next time I'm just not going to participate. Let me explain. Last year I got the kids candy and something else. I got their daddy candy and a card. They all got theirs in the morning. I got nothing. I didn't even get a phone call or a lunch invite (we work 15 minutes from each other). I did get a box of candy and a card that evening kind of like an after that during the day (I guess that's why he couldn't take me to lunch since he was shopping). Today I gave the kids their candy and stuff and set up their dads next to his coffee pot because he wasn't going to work. I got nothing. I didn't even get a phone call thanking me for the card and candy or telling me Happy Valentines Day. I did get flowers from a friend at work and some candy from another friend, but that was it. When I got home there was candy and a card sitting on the island. I said thank you. I meant it, but my feelings were hurt. It wouldn't have taken that much effort to pick up the phone and call me. After all he did get up at 1030 or so, check his email, drink coffee, go to the grocery store to pick up his prescriptions and grab my card and candy and then the UPS man came and he went out in the garage and tinkered with his tractors. When he asked me what was wrong, I told him. My feelings were hurt. The excuse I got was that he was sick (which he has been sick but he's actually a little better today) and in bed all day which from the above we know is not true. He wanted a medal because as he told me he didn't have to go to the grocery store to pick up his prescriptions. He went specifically so that he could get my card and candy. Well what do you say to that? It was kind of like I owed him for making the effort.
Don't get me wrong, I love him very much. I am so glad he is in my life and wouldn't trade him for anything (except for maybe Peyton Manning), but I get so frustrated sometimes. All I want is a little effort. That's it. Just a little. Sometimes I get so tired of doing it all. I need a weekend away. I need our TA. I need something.....ugh. Guess I'll go and chow down on some Valetines Day candy. I just needed to vent and since this is my blog, I can do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home