Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 23, 2007

D'oh!


This was me today. I was anxious to receive our letter this morning so I stalked the front desk waiting for UPS to come. As soon as he did I ran upstairs, made a copy and grabbed my purse. I wanted to run to the dealership and have AJ sign the letter so I could send it right back. I made it to the shop in record time and finally found him (on the Matco truck). He signed the letter, I signed the letter and then I dated it. I kissed him goodbye and drove to the post office so I could send it out. I figured I would send it Priority since it's the weekend. I had delivery confirmation slapped on it and then handed it over. I got in the car to drive the 15 minutes back to work happy that it was on it's way. Halfway to work I start think that I didn't check the very important box that stated "yes we accept this referral". D'oh! I remembered signing it, I remembered dating it but I just didn't remember checking the box. I got back to the office and it really started bothering me. I called the agency (by this time it was 1100 so they were just opening up on the west coast) and asked to speak to my SW. She wasn't there yet, but I left her a voice mail. I also sent her an email. I wanted to know if they could check the box for us. Well after about a minute I decided that I had better call the post office and have them hold out the envelope and go back and get it. About 30 minutes later I was at the post office again feeling like a fool. I had to wait for 10 minutes because there was only one person behind the counter. When I got up to the counter I explained the situation. The person wasn't the person that I talked to on the phone, but luckily that person was just down the hall. They handed me my envelope and I ripped it open. Yep, you guessed it I forgot to check the box. Double D'oh!!! Guess I learned my lesson..... slow down!
P.S. Thank you all for the wonderful comments. We were so excited (and still are).

3 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Congratulations!!!!!! I know what you mean....I feel scatter-brained! That letter in our hands was like GOLD! I was deathly afraid something would spill on it, a cat would puke on it, or we'd screw up the date or something! It's CRAZY.

    So happy for you & hope we travel at the same time!

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    They should not make anxious expecting parents deal with papers!!!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Mom 2 six said…

    Oh how cute !!
    Good for you going back. What a simple thing but I bet you were anxious.
    Congrats on every step !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home