Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Private or Public that is the question


There is debate going around about private or public blogs. I guess I'm going to stir the pot a bit. My blogs have always been and always will be public (or until I get to old to type and have to delete the blogs). I think blogs and websites are an important lifeline. You can keep in touch with family far away (hello Gloria) or family close (hello Hannah). The most important thing (in my opinion) that you do with your blog and/or website is encourage and help others along this very long, long, long road. It is encouraging to read other blogs to find out that my child is not the only child who throws fits over being asked to put something away or put some clothes on. It is encouraging to read other blogs to find out that I'm not the only one nervous about our adoption. I know that there are tons of other families who feel the exact same way. I rejoice with families who are picking up their children. I rejoice when a family that I have been following for a really long time finally receives their referral. I feel with the family who talks about how hard this parenting thing is. It is hard. It is really, really hard. If it weren't for these blogs and websites I don't know how I would have made it the first time and especially this time. There is good and bad along this adoption road. I hope that by reading this blog, families have learned that it's not all rosey. I also hope that there are some people who read this blog who decided to adopt a SN's child or decided to adopt period. As I said before, I'm not going anywhere. I will continue to post the good and the bad. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy having it. Pot stirring done for now.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Keisha said…

    I totally agree! Public for sure. Unless you got stalkers or something like that... ;-) I mean I was looking at somebody's blogspot occasionally, rejoicing when they were rejoicing, praying that things go well & then BAM! the next thing I know it says PRIVATE...must email blogger....???
    What? So, I stopped checking her blog needless to say...I figure that if she wanted me to see it she would let me know....but if you're that private...why have a blog??? Come on, people. Okay, I stirred the pot enough...somebody else's turn now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home